Wednesday, February 12, 2014

This body made by fillers....

The more I learn about the food (or food like products) that I have eaten for the vast majority of my life, the more I am kind of surprised that I am not fatter.  Do not get me wrong, I am a larger woman. Obese.  Some days I feel downright gelatinous.  Especially at water aerobics.  I love my classes, and am getting back into them after 8 months away,  but when I am jogging underwater, I feel like my body is loose, like gelatin.  But, I am getting off topic.

Going Paleo helped to alleviate the bloated feeling that I had lived with for so long that I did not even realize it was there.  Doing this green smoothie experiment, I felt even less of a bloated feeling after three days.  It might all be mental, I am not sure.  It might be a placebo effect, but I will take it.  I feel mildly leaner, and non-bloated.

Filler are everywhere.  I used to use fillers daily - pastas and rices in order to make my meals last longer, to make them more economical.  I stopped doing that, and now am seeking the fillers present in any processed foods that I purchase.  I am now much more careful about which spaghetti sauces I will buy.  The cost is going up, but I feel better about what I am feeding to my daughters.  I want to point them in the right direction where nutrition is concerned, so that they will, I pray, never feel gelatinous.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment