Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A life of attrition right now.

According to Dictionary.com, the definition of Attrition is:

at·tri·tion

  [uh-trish-uhn]  Show IPA
noun
1.
a reduction or decrease in numbers, size, or strength: Our club has had a high rate of attrition because somany members have moved away.
2.
a wearing down or weakening of resistance, especially as a result of continuous pressure orharassment: The enemy surrounded the town and conducted a war of attrition.
3.
a gradual reduction in work force without firing of personnel, as when workers resign or retire and arenot replaced.
4.
the act of rubbing against something; friction.
5.
a wearing down or away by friction; abrasion.


Right now, I am living a life of deliberate attrition.  I am not looking for grand gains (or losses) in the immediate. I hope that my body is changing incrementally with the small things that I am doing.   I am giving my body the kinds of fuel that I have been starving it of for years, and my issues will not change overnight, so I am looking at taking on the long game - attrition.  I am wearing away at my ill health, and most notably the physical manifestation of that ill health - my weight - every day.  Today, I am giving my body vitamins and minerals in amounts that it has not see in years, and I think my cells are starting to wake up.

I feel sharper. It might be totally psychosomatic, a placebo effect, but even if it is just that, I will take it!

t

No comments:

Post a Comment