Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Green Smoothie Experiment Day #6

I made some Pork / Kale / Butternut Squash soup for dinner, and I did not use the entire butternut squash.  I probably had about half a pound of butternut squash left that I did not put into the soup.  So, at $1.18 per lb, I had 59 cents worth of butternut squash to toss into my smoothies for today.

4 bananas                             $  .80
1/2 lb butternut squash        $   .59
1 cup blueberries                 $ 2.00
12 asparagus                        $  .65
12 strawberries                    $ 1.20
4 fists full kale                     $ 2.60
water to fill line                    FREE
                         TOTAL       $ 7.84

The butternut squash was a nice addition.  It gave some sweetness and bulk that was nice and made me feel full, almost to the point of overly full.

Again, I am always surprised by the fullness that I feel on the green smoothies.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment