Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Green Smoothie experiment - Days 7-10

I woke up each day and made my smoothies with bananas, strawberries, kale, blueberries, and cucumbers.

My daily average was $6.80 per day.  Sorry for not doing a breakdown of each day, but I have been taking care of a sick child, and a brief blurb while she naps is about what I have time for today.

Through the 10 day Green Smoothie Experiment, I noticed an increase in energy, and an almost total lack of bloating.  It has been lovely.  So, it begs the question as to why I ate a piece of pizza the other day.  It was nice to have the pizza, do not get me wrong.  It was not even paleo pizza, so I do nt know what I was thinking at all.  I was laid low for 2 days with tummy upset and bathroom habits that I will not bore/gross you out with.  It goes without saying that it was a stupid move, and I regret having done it.  Kind of.  What I do not regret is find out out what would happen if I ate a slice of Little Caesars pizza.  Now I know, and the mystery of "what if" is gone forever.

The other benefit of green smoothing for me has been losing 6 pounds in 10 days.  I had been reading of the benefits to be had in juicing versus the benefits to be had in smoothing, and was prepared for a lesser weight loss than if I had been straight juicing.  I was a little surprised to have had the results that I did have.  A little over half a pound a day is none too shabby!!

All in all, it went well, I decided to do another 10 days.  :-)

t

No comments:

Post a Comment