Sunday, February 2, 2014

Chia Seeds, oh good golly, Chia Seeds!

After watching "Hungry For Change" I bought Flax Seeds and Chia Seeds, and have added them to my smoothies occasionally, when I remember.

I would like to state emphatically that I understand that Chia Seeds are NOT strictly Paleo.  I am utilizing them for right now in order to help my body get rid of toxicity, and I do not yet have an aloe vera plant from which to harvest my gelatinous absorbable detoxifier.  I may stop using them at some point in the future, when I am no longer trying to de-toxify my body and stop being morbidly obese.  Then again, I might keep using them for the rest of my life.  I am not sure right now.

A few days ago, one of the Facebook sites that I follow had a recipe for a chia seed oatmeal slurry thing.  I remember that the recipe was 1 cup of almond milk, 2 tbsp chia seeds, a tsp of pure vanilla extract, and an optional tbsp of honey.  I mixed it up, then put it in the refrigerator for the requisite 30 minutes for it to "gel".  What I got was a mass at the bottom of the cup.  I did eat it like a porridge, and it was good.  But, in the future, for the porridge effect, I will use only 1/2 a cup of almond milk.

 In waiting for photos to be downloaded from my phone (technical difficulties), I have had the opportunity to make this a few ways.

I have found that I like to mix a cup of almond milk with 2 tbsp of chia seeds and mix them for a few minutes, then drink.  When I do this, I stir with a spoon before each time I drink, so that chia seeds are in each sip.  This eliminates the gloppy effect.

I also like to warm the milk a little bit, pour into a mug, then add the chia seeds.  This winds up feeling very luxurious, and it really hits the spot on those cold mornings that we have been having so many of lately.


t


No comments:

Post a Comment