Sunday, February 9, 2014

Green Smoothies - Day #1 - again!

So, thanks to snowmageddon, I was off my green smoothies for three days.  I still stayed Paleo, so it is not like I was not doing healthy stuff, but I surely missed my green smoothies.  It is funny how quickly I got used to my smoothie kick.  That is not to say that while smoothing, I do not have the impulse to also eat other things, I just appreciate the way that my smoothies make me feel.  Hopefully, once I get on track and have been doing only green smoothies for several days, I will be able to put aside cravings.

I want this to be a healthful detox of my system, which I have been abusing for years and years.  I want a systemic reset to get to a place of health, so that I can live a better life.  I want to be a good role model of health for my daughters.  I want to minimize the food issues that they may have in the future.  Society will do all that they can in order to teach my daughters that they are not good enough, smart enough, pretty enough, that unless they have 4 gold medals, teach physics at MIT, and also happen to be a swimsuit model in their spare time, there is no way that they will ever be living a "fully optimized" life.

There will be so many unrealistic expectations thrown at them for all of their lives, that I want to teach them a healthy way to deal, one that does not include eating away their pain on cream puffs.

Towards those goals, I have made my green smoothies for the day already.  I forgot to buy frozen blueberries, so I will not be adding them until my next run for smoothie goodies is made.  Or, I might break down and get a large bag sometime in the coming week.  Who knows.  Anywhoo, this is what is fueling me today...

2 bananas                            $  .40
1 fistful kale                        $  ..65
drizzle olive oil                   $  .10
1/2 cucumber                       $  .15  (back to regular prices - no more 20 cent cucumbers :-(  )
6 strawberries                       $  .50
cucumber water to fill line   $  .20
                        TOTAL =    $ 2.00  x 3 for a daily total of $ 6.00

The day is not done, but I believe that I am ready for it!

t

No comments:

Post a Comment