Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Green Smoothie day #5

I had 2.5 mason jars of smoothie today, so I only loaded up the Nutribullet once and made another 32 ounce mason jar's worth of green smoothie.

1 babana                                $  .20
1/4 cup blueberries                $  .50
4 strawberries                        $  .35
5 spears asparagus                 $  .25
1 fistful kale                          $  .65
                          TOTAL =   $ 1.95  for today

My energy levels are pretty steady, and have been throughout this entire experiment.  I have not had a "carb flue" issue, and I have not felt a flagging in my ability to keep up with my day.  Twice, I have looked around at about 8 and said "Okay, I want to go to bed", but I have not been tired and lackadaisical throughout my day.  I hope that makes sense.

I feel like I am sleeping better, because I am more alert when I wake up.  I have not historically been on to take a long time to wake up, but now I sit up and am pretty much alert right off the bat.  No longer need about 5 minutes to orient myself.  It's nice.  Husband might not agree, since he is on the 30 minute wake up plan on most days.  :-)

t

No comments:

Post a Comment