Sunday, March 17, 2013

Groceries 3/16/2013 - 3 different stores...Part2

On Saturday, my shopping took on a kind of grueling quality, which is not normal at all for me.  I wound up taking advantage of the fact that I was going to be in Rogers anyway and go to Cooks Natural Market and Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market, as well as Aldi.  My trip to Aldi was the totality of part 1 of this post.  Now, WMNM, and Cooks...

Cooks Natural Market - I had been meaning to try a couple of things which would necessitate a trip to Cooks, and since I was going to be in the area... you get the idea.

Julian Bakery makes a Paleo friendly bread, which I have wanted to try for several months, and I finally broke down and doled out the money for 2 loaves.

Julian Bakery Bread (coconut and almond varieties 1 of each)  2@ 8.99                          $17.98
Grapeseed Oil  16oz bottle                                                                                             $  9.79
Organic Sunflower Butter 4@ 7.89                                                                                 $31.56
Better n' Peanut Butter                                                                                                    $ 6.19
Coconut Milk 4@2.39                                                                                                   $  9.56
Sugar Free Cookies                                                                                                       $  2.49
High Fiber Chia Seeds                                                                                                   $  9.99
Ak-Mak Armenian Cracker                                                                                           $    .29
Brown Flaxseed (from bulk aisle)  .31 lb @ 2.49 lb                                                        $    .77
Golden Flaxseed (from bulk aisle) .31 lb @ 3.99 lb                                                         $ 1.24
Sunflower Seeds (from bulk aisle) .32 lb @ 4.09 lb                                                         $ 1.31
1 Bag - I had managed to fill all of my re-usable bags at Aldi                                            $1.00
Tax                                                                                                                                 $4.10
                                                                                                              TOTAL =       $93.88

After hitting Aldi and Cooks, I seriously considered skipping WM Neighborhood Market, but I was planning on making Paleo Tamales today, so I wanted to be sure to get my plantains.

WMNM -

Kale Greens 2 bunches @ .98 each                                                                              $1.96
Green Plantains 10 @ .62 each                                                                                     $6.20
                                                                                                                TOTAL=     $8.16

My pantry, refrigerator, and freezer are well stocked unto full, so I am prepared for a busy Spring Break.  I try to keep the whole dragging the girls to the store to a minimum, because I am more efficient when it is just me going through the store.  Additionally, we will be hitting parks, museums, and the indoor pool at our gym during this week, and I do not want to have to go by the store in the midst of all of that.

Plus, I am fairly sure that I will feed an extra kid or two at several of our meals this week. 

I had planned on making Paleo Tamales, but was not able to find Banana leaves, and I did nto want to make them with corn husks.  Then, I re-read the recipe (http://www.mypaleolife.com/paleo-diet-recipes/paleo-tamales) and I could have picked up parchment paper at Cooks - D'oh! Note to self: always read the ENTIRE recipe before going to buy it's components.  :-)

t

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete