Friday, September 6, 2013

365 Day Spending Fast Update - August

August went by so quickly, it shocked me.  Getting everything together for school, going to the lake a few more times before school started.  Life was crazy/busy, but it was good.

August - $44.34 (ish) in un-budgeted expenses.

August 4th - $21.34  McDonalds breakfast for 5 little girls - Girls had a sleepover, and one of the girls that slept over rejected every single item that I suggested to her for breakfast.  I asked her what she normally has, and she told me "McDonalds, because everything else hurts my tummy."  Later, when I mentioned to her mother that we had McDonalds for breakfast, and I hope it was okay, she laughed and said that she drives through McDonalds more than she cooks.  If this is true, it makes me sad.

I do not remember the date or exact amount, but I spent $23ish dollars on some new shoes for Thing1.  Her flip flops and sandals were just fine, but suddenly none of her tennis shoes fit.  Like, overnight they did not fit.  2 pairs of tennis shoes that I had not intended on buying for some more months.

Groceries for August - $152.99 I know, right????

We ate out of the freezer a lot in August.  I finally kept to my word of trying to empty the chest freezer to make room for a half cow, a whole hog, or a deer.  I have a friend whose neighbor hunts, and if I cover his expenses, and pay for the processing, I might very well get an entire deer's worth of meat in November.  I definitely need to make room for that!

So, the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) amount is $668 - $152.99 = $515.01 rollover for this month!  BOOM! That's what I'm talking' bout!  (sorry, just saw Despicable Me2)

My current month of rollover, added to the rollover amount from Jan-July is $1,076.43.  Kid you not.

See for yourself:  $515.01+$561.42 = $1076.43

Maybe it is time to really look at weaning the family off corporately harvested meats.  Food for thought....

t

No comments:

Post a Comment