Monday, June 10, 2013

The Paleo Elvis

Please keep in mind that this is only marginally healthier than the original.  There are no grains, glutens, or legumes in this version of the Elvis Sandwich.

Ingredients:
large dollop of sun butter                                                                        $  .25
1 banana                                                                                                 $  .15
1 tbsp raw honey                                                                                    $  .15
2 tbsp butter or ghee                                                                               $  .20
2 slices Julian Bakery paleo bread                                                          $1.10
                                                                                TOTAL =              $ 1.85


I started out with my trusty jar of sun butter.


2 slices of Julian Bakery Paleo Bread - I put sun butter on both pieces, not just on one side.  I have found that it helps with the integrity of the dish in that it makes everything stick together more cohesively.  I also used the coconut bread, so that it would not fight for flavor with the other ingredients.

I bisect my banana lengthwise into four planks, and that works for me.  Feel free to cut into rounds, whichever you prefer.  Lay gently on the sun butter base.


Drizzle honey evenly over the bananas.


Grill in butter in a small saute pan.  I used my favorite omelet pan.  During the cooking and plating process, I put my camera away and forgot to bring it back out for the "finished product" photo.

Please take my word for it, it was a sublime eating experience, and well worth the experimentation.

Will I eat this again?  Probably.  Will it be in the very near future?  Nope.  This is a gut-busting decadence that will only be enjoyed by me on very rare occasions.  I hope that, in the event that you try it, your end result satisfies you as much as mine satisfied me.  :-)

t

No comments:

Post a Comment