Thursday, February 14, 2013

My day in the minivan...


Started on February 1st, 2013...  time has flown... ;-)

 Today, it seemed that I spent all of my day in the minivan, running errands.  First stop was dropping Thing2 off at school, then I got some gas, then headed over to the doctor for Thing1.  Strep test is negative - YAY!!

I went to Aldi's for some basics, then over to Cooks Natural Market for Coconut Flour, then back over to Aldi's for the butter that I forgot, then India Market.

At Aldi's... 
Almond Milk 3 @ 2.49                                                                              7.47
Chunk tuna in water 8 @ .69                                                                      5.52
Eggs 8dz @ 1.59 dz                                                                                 12.72
Celery 3 @ 1.19                                                                                        3.57
Carrots 3 @ .99                                                                                        2.97
Hot dogs 6 @ .75                                                                                      4.50
Cabbage 3 @ 1.29                                                                                    1.29
Ground Turkey 4 @ 1.69                                                                           6.76
Almonds 3 16 oz bags @ 3.99 per bag                                                     11.97
Sweet Onions 3 lb bags  3 @ 1.69                                                             5.07
Olive Oil                                                                                                    5.58
Raisins 15oz boxes 2 @ 2.49                                                                     4.98
Salsa                                                                                                          3.38
Then, back for Butter - 4 @ 2.29                                                               9.57
                                                                                                 Total  -   85.35

India Plaza is a new ethnic food market just down the road from me, and they have great prices on "coconut powder", which is finely shredded coconut flakes.  I like their texture in muffins, since I do not get a mouth full of large coconut shred.
1 bunch of Cliantro                                                            .60
Ginger .48 lbs @ 1.49 lb.                                                  .72
28 oz of coconut powder                                                 5.99
                                                                            Total-  7.31

Cooks Natural Market is the closest place to me that I have found for Coconut Flour, and for Sunbutter spread.  Much easier to get to than Ozark Natural Foods in Fayetteville.  There is a closer "Natural Foods" market to me in Pinnacle in Rogers, and I did try to find things at The Natural Market once, but each time I asked about something, they were like "They probably have that at Cooks.  Do you know where it is in Rogers?" So, I figured to go directly to the source.

Plus, The Natural Market at Pinnacle reminds me of the saying "An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure" if that is the case, than The Fresh Market is worth it's weight in crap.

Anywhoo, at Cook's, I got:
Coconut Flour  2.07 lbs @ 4.99 per lb                                                      10.33
Organic Sunflour Spread 2 @ 7.09                                                            14.18
                                                                                                Total -       24.51

Just figured out a pitfall to not completing a post when I start it.  You forget much of what you were going to say.  For instance, I do not remember specific recipes from 2 weeks ago, but I know that I made lots of food with these ingredients.  meals that my family liked - well, except for Thing2, who does not like much of anything. :-)

Note to self - try not to do that in the future...

t





No comments:

Post a Comment