Saturday, July 6, 2013

Groceries 7/6/13

When Aldi has certain special buys, I stock up.  This week, they had special buys on Feta crumbles and Goat Cheese crumbles.  Plus, they had a salad spinner for $8.99 , and I need one - especially with the lettuce in the yard growing and being eaten like it is.  :-)  Salad shrimp was $3.99, so I picked up 5.  I also wanted to take advantage of their watermelon price and cantaloupe deals for the week.

Flat Leaf Spinach 2@ 1.69                                            $ 3.38
Turkey Bacon  2@ 2.19                                                $ 4.38
12 oz hot dogs 5@ .75                                                   $ 3.75
Shredded Cheddar 2@ 3.29                                          $ 6.58
12 Grain Bread                                                              $ 3.38
Seedless Watermelon 2@3.99                                       $ 7.98
Cantaloupe    2@ 1.29                                                   $ 2.58
Strawberries  4@.99                                                      $ 3.96
Goat Crumbles 6@ 1.99                                                $11.94
Feta Crumbles  6@1.99                                                 $11.94
Dried Cranberries 5@1.19                                             $ 5.95
Large Eggs  6@ 1.29                                                     $ 7.74
Almond Milk 3@ 2.49                                                   $ 7.47
All Natural Fruit Snack                                                  $ 3.69
Salad Spinner                                                                 $ 8.99
Salad Shrimp  5@ 3.99                                                  $19.95
Tax                                                                                 $  5.56
                                                                TOTAL =    $119.22

With the Spaghetti Squash that I bought the other day, I have enough for 2 dinners of Uncle Foodie's AMAZING Spaghetti.

I have chicken thigh quarters languishing in the deep freeze that can become Chicken in Mustard and Chicken Cacciatore.

I have shrimp in the deep freeze, so with the addition of the turkey bacon from today, I can have Bacon BBQ Bundled Shrimp a la Hungry Girl.

I have a few steaks that I need to cook.  I have never cooked steak, so I will be looking up how to do that well.  I want to pair them with mashed sweet potatoes, and I need to cook the sweet potatoes soon. Wish me luck!

My goal is to turn over the inventory in my deep freezer, so that I can start looking into buying an entire cow, or half of a cow.  If I commit to buying that much meat, the per lb price goes down, and I will more readily be able to afford grass fed beef if bought in large lots and used over time.

I will keep you posted on how that pans out.

t

No comments:

Post a Comment