Thursday, January 30, 2014

I could, quite possibly, be crazy, but.....

I have watched "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" more than a few times.  I have toyed with the idea of a juice or smoothie fast on many occasions, and I think that now is the time.  I have always put it off because "the holidays were coming", it was "too stressful to think about a smoothie fast" or some other reason that seemed to be an impediment to my getting serious and starting.

On Youtube, I came across Kitten, The Juice Pirate.  She is such a nifty person, and is such an inspiration to me.  She has answered many questions, and is soooooo enthusiastic!  Check out her Youtube page...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AJatcP0uMU&list=UUE0MiNGf_oTL5DBlZUGunHg

I have watched this guy a couple of times, and he is inspiring to me...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjt3bxyKcCI

I am, by my nature, a person that likes to do things in a nice, metered, way.  Committing to juicing for an extended period of time is daunting, but it is something that has begun to speak to me on a very primal level.

Soooo.. Last night, I was looking at 2 bags of kale and thinking to myself, "Now is the time."  I am going to go for a 10 day green smoothie fast, and if that works, then a 30 day, then, if that is going well, a 60 day.  If I am still feeling good at 60 days, I will go to 100 days.

I just might be crazy, but I figure if I am healthy, and the doctor is good with the plan (and he is) I can do this healthfully.

Today is Day #1 - I woke up and used my Nutribullet in order to make 2 green smoothies.  They were identical, each of them containing;
1 banana
4 large strawberries
1/4 cup of blueberries
1 very large handful of kale
Filtered water to the "max" line (I would guess 2 cups)
1/2 cucumber
drizzle of olive oil
chia seeds

Luckily, I really like the taste of kale, spinach, and other greens, and have not had to "get over" the taste of the green smoothies.  They are naturally tasty to me.

I also found this young woman's Youtube page, and think that she is informative and engaging.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D707pPrBWGc

Some of the tips that she gives has been helpful to me.   Having too much juice (in my case smoothie) at my disposal so that I am not tempted to surrender my green smoothie momentum is something that I had not thought about.  Making a gallon of smoothie, and having the goal of close to a gallon of water intake per day seems doable to me.  I will keep you posted!  :-)

t

No comments:

Post a Comment